Friday, August 23, 2013

DIY: How to make your own drink coasters!

It's been a while since I have been able to post. Boo and I moved into a new apartment, I have been preparing for entering Grad School and moving a few of my things into a tiny studio the next city over, & we went on vacation. I found some time to craft in between- I decoupaged my little butt off. First things first, I'll show you how I made some beautiful coasters with some fabric and cork coasters from home depot.



 I bought 4 of these from the garden section. and slathered them in mod podge.

Then, cover in fabric. I got some Margareta fabric from a recent trip to IKEA, with the plans of stretching it over canvas, done and done.  (it is huge!) With the trimmings, I matched up some of it to fit over the coasters.

 After a few minutes of letting it dry, I flipped them over and cut around the coaster as close as i could.


I let it dry a little longer before spreading the top with mod podge and letting it dry. I did a few more coats and came out with these amazing coasters!




This is  really easy project, and it doesn't cost much money.


No comments:

Post a Comment