Thursday, June 20, 2013

Natural Dandruff Remedy

Ever since I was younger, I have struggled with dandruff. It can be a pretty embarrassing problem, especially when your wardrobe consists of a lot of black (oh, high school years). Thankfully I have an easy, natural remedy!  Here is what you need:
a lemon, fresh mint, apple cider vinegar, and a spray bottle.  
You will also need a bowl and some water. 


What you'll first need to do is slice the lemon and add it to your bowl with the mint. 
 Now, you'll need to heat up some water. I don't have a teapot, so I used my trusty Keurig (leaving out the coffee pod).
Pour the water into the bowl. I don't necessarily measure, but I used most of the water in the mug.

Then, add about 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar.

you will then have this mixture:
 Let the mixture cool to room temperature before pouring it into your spray bottle. Any left over mixture can be poured into a spare container and kept in the fridge. 

Now that the mixture is made, you can add it to your showering routine. Shampoo your hair as normal and rinse, then spray the apple cider mixture on your hair. I let it sit for a moment before rinsing, then condition as normal. With this mixture you can forgo conditioning

using apple cider vinegar in your hair has a ton of benefits! 
1. Balances pH, making hair smooth
2. Clarifies, removes dirt and oil
3.Closes the cuticle, making hair shiny

I have been using this stuff for about a year now, and it works wonders on my hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment